Sun, May 22|
Intro to Thai Massage
This mat-based course is an interactive exploration of body movement and biomechanical principles related to working on the floor. Identify the primary body postures for giving Thai massage and learn a short sequence that (with a little practice) you can start using right away. 5CE
When & Where
May 22, 2022, 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Gulfport, MS, 12251 Bernard Pkwy, Gulfport, MS 39503
Traditional Thai Massage is experiencing a rapid growth in popularity for its benefits of relieving muscle tension, clearing restricted patterns of movement, stimulating energy flow and restoring balance. Start your training with this class to fulfill licensure CE requirements and decide if a focus in Thai massage is right for you and your clients.
In this five hour workshop you will :
1. Identify the key movement principles behind all Thai massage applications.
2. Feel the physical requirements in your own body as you give and receive Thai massage techniques with a partner.
3. Ask your most pressing questions about the study and practice of Thai massage.
4. Determine which Thai massage intensive course to take next
5. Identify the necessary time and financial commitments required to acheive a successful training and practice experience for yourself and your clients.
Instructor Charlene Gaffney has been a licensed massage therapist for 21+ years and has over 18 years of teaching experience in both entry-level and continuing education environments. She is a registered instructor with the Thai Healing Alliance International, a Certified Massage and Bodywork Educator with the AFMTE and the founder/curriculum specialist for Elevate Massage Training. She has studied Thai massage and ashiatsu extensively with many reputable teachers in the US and Thailand and has led annual Thailand Study Tours for LMTs since 2016.
Approved in TN, AL, GA, FL, IN, MO, and all states that accept the NCTMB credential (#451520-10)
We report to CE Broker
Mississippi Approved Provider and Program MAP#92 Program#529
This is a live training event in Nashville, TN.
Prerequisite: Licensed Massage Therapist (you will be asked to provide your license # and state). Massage students who have completed at least 50% of their massage school curriculum (and hold student-level insurance) are invited to join in on this class. You must be able to sit, kneel and move around on the floor to complete this class.
You do not need to bring a mat but please bring the following supplies:
- pen and notebook to take notes
- Soft, clean hands and feet with trimmed fingernails and toenails
- something to sanitize your hands and feet with before touching someone with them such as hand sanitizer or alcohol spray and a hand towel
- Shoes you can slip on to quickly enter and exit the training room
- Socks and a sweater in case you get cold receiving
- water and light snacks
- face mask
- please wear loose, comfortable clothing like for a relaxing yoga class. Pants work better than shorts. Sleeves work better than strappy yoga tops. Cotton works better than spandex.
*Please do not come to class if you or someone you have been around recently is sick, running a fever or experiencing symptoms of illness.
More details about the location of this event will be sent after registration.
Pay in Full