Tue, Jan 30|
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Chiang Mai, Thailand Study Tour 2024
This two week study tour is a cultural immersion into the beautiful northern city of Chiang Mai. Study and receive Thai massage, take a cooking class, enjoy street markets, visit an elephant sanctuary and mountain temple and enjoy the multi-sensory experience of the annual flower festival.
When & Where
Jan 30, 2024, 8:00 AM – Feb 12, 2024, 8:00 AM
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Details & Registration
Chiang Mai Thailand Study Tour - Two Weeks
Northern Thailand - Chiang Mai City
Organizers and Travel Partners : Elevate Massage Training - Charlene and Jeffrey
January 30th - February 12th, 2024
This year the Chiang Mai Thailand Study Tour takes place during the annual Chiang Mai Flower Festival. The festival activities take place within walking distance from our centrally located hotel and include music and cultural performances, a parade of stunning flower floats and an incredible display of flowers around various parts of the city. While this tour is primarily focused on the study and practice of Thai Massage, there is ample time worked into the schedule to explore this beautiful city on your own and as a part of group organized events. You’ll enjoy neighborhood walks, memorable meals, exciting group excursions and an abundance of opportunities to receive Thai Massage around every corner.
Travel companions who are not LMTs : Licensed massage therapists are allowed to apply to travel with a companion that is not an LMT. We are unable to accept any participants who are not LMTs unless you are the travel companion of one of the LMTs on our trip. Travel companions can be any one person 21 years and older that the LMT would like to share accommodations with. Accommodations will be either one king size bed or two twin beds. Travel companions are included in all group events except the scheduled Thai Massage trainings. While the LMT is in training the travel companion will have free time. During free time travel companions are offered a list of optional things to do and, should they require assistance, the tour organizers are available to help them make arrangements. Cost and payment plans for travel companions will be the same as for the LMT. We also ask that the travel companion and the LMT make payments at the same time.
January 30th - February 12th, 2024
TOTAL COST : $3,600 early bird (save $300) through March 31st, after that $3,900
Payments may be made in three installments with the first installment being due upon acceptance of your application
WHAT’S INCLUDED :
- Here’s what you’ll see and do on our two week Chiang Mai Thailand Study Tour : Wat Phra Tat Doi Suthep, Traditional Kantoke Dinner, Thai Massage Training, Elephant Sanctuary, Cooking Class, Flower Festival Parade, Walking Street Markets
Plus you’ll get all this, too :
- A small, friendly group of up to 12 people.
- Two, one hour trip-planning sessions online with your organizers and fellow travelers (attendance to both online meetings is required).
- Full time services of your two tour organizers, Charlene and Jeffrey who are available to help you with travel planning and make recommendations for things to do in your free time during the trip.
- All group transportation within Thailand.
- Double occupancy accommodations in a centrally located boutique hotel and accommodations with friendly staff.
- All breakfasts and two dinners.
- One Traditional Thai massage session.
What’s Not Included :
- Round Trip International airfare to/from Thailand.
- Domestic travel and airfare within the US.
- Optional activities and independent transportation during the tour outside of group lead events.
- Personal shopping and anything that you do in your free time.
- Cost of food and drink outside of breakfast and planned group dining events.
- Cost of alcoholic beverages.
CE Credit : Please note that CE credit may not be available to LMTs for this study experience. While we do study at reputable, Thailand credentialed schools with highly respected, experienced and registered Thai instructors, we cannot guarantee that these institutions and instructors have registered with any accrediting organizations or state licensure boards in the United States.
We strongly recommend packing light - which means one carry-on-sized backpack that does NOT need to be checked at the airport and one personal item such as a small day pack or purse that can easily fit under the seat in front of you on the airplane. You can leave room in your bag for souvenirs and buy an extra bag in Thailand if necessary. We will send you a recommended packing list once you have been accepted to the trip.
Examples of physical activities that you will likely encounter on this trip include :
- Carrying your own luggage up and down elevators/stairways to reach your hotel room.
- Being on your feet, walking and standing, for up to three hours, indoors and outdoors, in all weather conditions. Climbing stairs and light to moderate outdoor trekking on one day.
- Sitting, kneeling and moving around on the floor for 6 hours during a Thai massage training day.
- Sleeping with possible city noise and energy-conserving air conditioning systems that require you to be inside the room in order to turn them on and use them.
- Navigating Chiang Mai city on your own after orientation and transportation lessons.
- A general (and completely normal) experience of jet lag and culture shock that may cause you to feel a little bit discombobulated, tired and/or emotional.
We are only taking up to 12 participants so early application is encouraged.
Early bird applications are being accepted through April 30th, 2023
$3,600 early bird payment plan - three payments of $1,200
First Payment Due Upon Acceptance and No Later Than April 30th, 2023
Second Payment Due July 1st, 2023
Third and Final Payment Due August 1st, 2023
Participants who apply and are accepted from May 1st onward
$3,900 - three payments of $1,300
First Payment Due Upon Acceptance
Second and third payments are due by August 31st, 2023
Upon acceptance you will be required to submit :
- Signed travel and consent form
- Copy of your passport that is valid for at least six months past your arrival date in Thailand
- Minimum deposit equal to first payment due (non-refundable)
Once your acceptance is confirmed we will provide you with a recommended packing list and trip planner and other pertinent trip information as necessary and in a timely manner.
Please wait to purchase not refundable airfare or make additional travel plans until you have received notice of acceptance and the finalized trip dates.
The only way to reserve your space is to
- Complete the application
- Receive the acceptance email
- Submit all required documentation and signed forms
- Make the first payment
If you are unable to make a payment upon acceptance then you will be added to the waitlist until payment is received.
- all credit card transactions will be charged an additional 3.5% transaction fee.
- any refunds issued will also be charged a transaction fee.
We strongly recommend travel insurance in case of emergency.
We are dedicated to helping you have the best trip possible and strive for exceptional service, communication and organization.
Please feel free to get in touch with any questions you might have email@example.com
We are happy to talk with you more about the trip before you apply.
Itinerary is subject to changes as necessary to create the best travel experience for you. You will receive the exact itinerary for this trip after you've been accepted and the dates have been finalized.
Days One & Two - Traveling USA to Chiang Mai
By the time you add travel time on the front and back end of this trip you are looking at a total of just over two weeks for the entire experience. Traveling from the USA to Thailand takes about 20 hours including layovers and there is currently no direct flight available from anywhere in the USA. Most tour participants typically have to take at least one domestic flight within the USA to reach an international airport with available flights to Asia. Although we do not include the cost of airfare with this tour we will facilitate two pre-scheduled group meetings online to help you prepare for travel.
Day Three - Welcome to Chiang Mai Group Orientation and Dinner
Official start of the organized tour and evening group orientation at the hotel followed by dinner.
All participants must arrive at the Chiang Mai hotel by today, official date to be released soon. If you would like to arrive in Chiang Mai prior to this day then we will provide you with the name of the hotel so that you may book additional nights on your own.
Day Four - Relax, Refresh, Immerse - Receive Thai Massage, Visit Mountain Temple
Day Five - Herbal Compress Class - Evening on your own
Day Six - Cooking Class - Evening on your own
Day Seven - Flower Festival Parade and walking street markets
Day Eight - Elephant Sanctuary - Evening on your own
Day Nine - Thai Massage Training - Evening on your own
Day Ten - Thai Massage Training - Evening on your own
Day Eleven - Thai Massage Training - Evening on your own
Day Twelve - Thai Massage Training - Evening on your own
Day Thirteen - Thai Massage Training - Evening on your own
Day Fourteen - Foot Reflexology Class - Evening on your own
Day Fifteen - Foot Reflexology Class - Evening on your own
Day Sixteen - Travel Home or onward travel through Thailand
Register & Pay